Society, Behavior, and Culture
Do these characteristics describe you?
- I enjoy helping people learn, grow, or heal.
- I like to teach, counsel, and train
- I enjoy learning about different cultures and find value in learning different perspectives.
- I am interested in learning about human habits, actions, and intentions.
- I like identifying ways to help people with illnesses or emotional challenges.
- I am empathetic, insightful, inquisitive, or an intellectual
- I like to problem solve and support the wellbeing of others while making connections between individuals or groups
- I am good at working with people and data
- I want to learn how to analyze information about people and the ways they live and 的行为
- I have strong communication skills
- Counselor (clinical, substance abuse, academic)
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Teaching (Preschool, K-12, College)
- Culture facilitators/mediators/liaisons
Transfer, 度, and 证书s in Society, Behavior, and Culture
Academic Program Award Types
Students who successfully complete the requirements for graduation, including all locally approved major prep work, general education requirements, and a minimum of 60 units of degree applicable work, may be awarded either an Associate of Arts (AA) or an Associate of Science (AS) degree. Generally, STEM and career technical education based majors qualify as AS degrees, whereas all other areas are classified as AA degrees. 指 the individual program pages for each degree’s classification.
- Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or an Associate in Science for Transfer (当t)
Students who successfully complete the requirements for graduation, including all approved transfer model curriculum requirements with a “C” grade or higher, general education and transfer requirements associated with an approved transfer pattern, and a minimum of 60 units of CSU transferable work with a minimum 2.总绩点0分; may be awarded either an Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or an Associate in Science for Transfer (当t) degree. STEM and career technical education based majors are classified as 当ts, whereas all other areas are classified as AA-Ts. 指 the individual program pages for each degree’s classification.
- Locally-Approved 证书
Students who successfully complete the requirements set by locally approved, low unit programs may be issued a certificate denoting their completion. 证书项目 do not require the completion of a general education pattern. 这些项目不是 approved to appear as awards on official college transcripts, and paper certificates that are awarded may not be available for reproduction if lost or damaged. 请 contact the department of Career Technical Education for additional details.
Students who successfully complete the requirements of selected programs approved by the California 社区 Colleges’ Chancellor’s Office, may receive a 证书s of Achievement that will appear on their official college transcript. 证书 of Achievement programs do not require the completion of a general education pattern.
The program maps listed below are visual semester by semester roadmaps representing a combination of major and general education coursework as well as faculty recommended courses and sequencing that may enhance your college and learning experience in relation 到你的职业/专业. Each program map represents one possible pathway for degree and/or certificate obtainment 仅供参考. 请 schedule an appointment with a counselor to develop your individualized 学生教育计划. It is also important to discuss your transfer options with a counselor because each university will require specific courses.
American Sign Language (Cert, AA)
人类学(AA, AA- t)
Early Childhood Education (当t)
Elementary Teacher Education (AA-T)
历史(AA, AA- t)
Liberal Studies – Teacher Prep. (多学科AA)
Nutrition and Dietetics (当t)
哲学(AA, AA- t)
Political Science (AA, AA-T)
心理学(AA, AA- t)
Public Health Science (当t)
Social Justice Studies (AA-T)
Social Science (多学科AA)
社会学(AA, AA- t)
西班牙语(AA, AA- t)